Travel tips while staying in short stay Dubai apartments
Dubai is ever-changing, ultra-modern, and fast-paced. Travelers who book into Savoy’s short-stay Dubai apartments will be able to soak up everything this bustling city has to offer and more thanks to the convenient location of our 4 aparthotels across Dubai. Whether it’s for a quick layover or a planned month-long destination trip, Dubai is certainly the most popular among countries to visit in the Emirates.
Enjoy a stay in our apartments for rent in Dubai monthly and make the most of your time in the city with our best tips for traveling to the “city of gold.”
Things to know before you travel
If you haven’t traveled to Dubai before, then it’s best to have an idea of what you’re in for – besides all the skyscrapers and flashy cars, of course! Here’s our need-to-know list while staying in one of our short-stay Dubai apartments:
- Best time to visit: it’s no secret that Dubai has high temperatures and humidity levels, so the best time to visit is during the winter months of November to February when the weather is a bit cooler and you’re not confined to air-conditioned malls and attractions.
- Use public transportation: Dubai sports some of the most advanced public transport infrastructure and it’s quite affordable too, so make use of it! Using the Dubai Metro is a great way to explore the city’s finest attractions without breaking the bank by hiring a car. Plus, it’s really safe to use.
- Visit Dubai’s beaches: add popular beaches like JBR Beach and La Mer beach to your itinerary! You’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn that Dubai has an expansive beach offering, plus they’re well-kept and act as a gateway to many water sports activities. Opt for Savoy Dubai’s free daily bus service to La Mer while staying in our apartments for rent in Dubai monthly.
- Eat like a local: Dubai can be pricey if you don’t know how to work around the tourist hotspots! One way is to enjoy the local Emirati cuisine instead of immediately jumping at the eateries near the city’s tourist attractions that tend to rack up the pricing.
- Save when you shop: you can still make the most out of your trips to the mall if you visit on Fridays when many stores offer discounts on everything from designer clothes to bargain buys. Another great way to spend conservatively is to pay a visit to the city’s many marketplaces called “souks” for cheaper alternatives to spices, Emirati perfumes, textiles, and gold.
- Dress lightly and drink (lots of!) water: the last thing you want is to suffer from heat stroke during your glamorous trip to Dubai. Be sure to stay hydrated by always carrying water wherever you go and layering your clothes so you can traverse the city without compromising on comfort.
- Visit the city’s free attractions: some of the must-visit places in Dubai are actually free too! Make pit stops at the Dubai Mall to window shop, ogle at the dancing LED-lit water jets just a few steps away when you visit the Dubai Fountain and walk along the historic Dubai Creek to enjoy a taste of Old Dubai. There are 2 metro stations conveniently located within walking distance of every Savoy aparthotel, so take advantage of those when staying in one of our short stay Dubai apartments.
- Know how to make payments: carry cash on hand for certain purchases such as when you want to buy treasure troves at the souks or grab a bite while exploring the city’s streets. Many stores also accept credit and debit cards, but having some Dirhams on hand is always advisable.
About Savoy Dubai
With 4 aparthotels in the city, you get to have the pick of the litter! Savoy Dubai offers a variety of fully furnished and serviced hotel apartments for the ultimate home-away-from-home experience. Each hotel apartment is equipped with a separate living area and kitchenette, so you can enjoy cooking your own meals and lounging about before or after a day of exploration.
Each aparthotel also features a number of facilities to make your stay extra comfortable. Hit the 24-hour gym in the morning to break a sweat, cool down in our temperature-controlled outdoor swimming pool, and enjoy delicious meals throughout the day at our Coffee Shop.
We offer a host of 24-hour services to our staying guests. These include our reception desk, maintenance, security and concierge services. As already mentioned, we also offer staying guests a courtesy bus service to the vibrant La Mer beachfront, with complimentary beach towels and mats included!